My Weekly Meal Prep Menu : Aug 14-18 (vegetarian & 21 Day Fix approved)
Hey, friends! Welcome to my weekly meal prep!
Each week, to make sure I’m staying on top of my health and budget goals, I will create a meal plan and then spend a few hours on Sundays prepping for the days to come. Meal prepping is amazing; it saves me so much time and money. I prep enough food for Monday breakfast to Friday midday (post-workout). I leave my Friday nights & weekends free but keep staples in my house, such as eggs and extra veggies, so I can make quick meals when needed.
[Want more inspiration? Check out my week ONE and week TWO and week THREE menus!]
I eat 5-6 small meals each day, roughly every 3-4 hours. This way, I never feel overly full or hungry; I’m content and have consistent energy. By eating small meals throughout the day, I’m also not likely to snack mindlessly or grab something on the fly (looking at you, Starbucks drive thru) since I already have it all prepped.
For my diet, during the work week I try to remain healthy. My weekends are usually filled of going to the beach, running around, or out of town. Due to my weekends never having consistency, I’ll stay pretty strict during the week to give me that wiggle room. I keep a 95% vegetarian diet, but will eat shrimp on occasion. Dairy also doesn’t always agree with me, so I naturally try to eat dairy-free, or at least be mindful of my intake. I try and focus my diet around whole foods during the week to leave me some wiggle room on the weekends! (Especially since I’ve been finding myself out of town most weekends lately)
I will provide color count for this meal plan if you follow the 21 day fix. 🙂
Meal plan for 8/14-8/18
–21 Day Fix–
Breakfast – 1 red, 1 green
Lunch – 1 green, 2 yellow
Pre-workout – 1 purple, 1 blue
Post-workout – 1 green, 1 blue
Dinner – 1.5 green, 1 blue, 1 yellow
Dessert – 1.5 red
- For breakfast, get the recipe for caprese soft boiled eggs –> HERE!
- For lunch, get the recipe for cauliflower & jimica black bean burritos –> HERE!
- For dinner, get the recipe for roasted veggie low-carb pizza –> HERE!
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbs sweetener of your choice (I used pure maple syrup, but you can also do liquid Stevia)
- pinch of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon of peanut butter
- 2-3 tablespoons of water or milk (I use almond milk)
- *optional, but I used it: 1 tbs cocoa powder
- Mix in a giant mug + microwave for 60-90 seconds depending on the power of your microwave ❤
Yum! Totally going to incorporate some of these into my routine!