I’m a week into the 21 day fix! So far, it’s going pretty well. The workouts are tough but 30 minutes is definitely manageable. The thing I miss the most is knowing I am *able to* say yes to things (does that make any sense?!)
I’m used to going to happy hour & having a glass of wine or two, going to dinner and ordering what I felt at the moment, or joining in on a BBQ and not needing to pack my own separate grilling necessities.
That being said, I understand that 21 days is not forever- it’s actually under a month. I’m feeling better, being more aware of what’s going into my body is eye opening, and I’m already down 4 pounds [sayyy whaaaat!]
PLUS, recipes like this Light Cheesy Shrimp Pasta really helps cut the cravings for *every bad thing imaginable*.
What You Need: [to make one serving]
- ¾ cups cooked shrimp [1 red Fix container]
- 1 cup cooked whole wheat pasta [2 yellow Fix containers]
- ¼ cup sharp cheddar shredded cheese [1 blue Fix container]
- ¾ cup raw spinach [1/2 green Fix container]
- ¾ cup cooked bell peppers [1/2 green Fix container]
- 1 tablespoon EVOO [1 TBS Fix]
- Seasonings: garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, oregano – to your liking
Toss your cooked pasta in 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO and seasonings. Mix in the raw spinach [the heat from the noodles will naturally soften the greens]
Sauté the peppers & shrimp in 1/2 tablespoon of EVOO and seasonings. Place on top of pasta/spinach mixture.
Sprinkle on your cheese and stir! The heat will melt it all up [oh my cheesy goodness]
To my 21 Day Fix friends, this meal equals out to be:
- 1 red / 2 yellow / 1 blue / 1 green / 1 TBS
Have any of you done the Fix before? Do you have any recipes I should try out?
You may also enjoy: