My Weekly Meal Prep Menu : July 31-Aug 4 (pescatarian, dairy-free, whole30)
Each week, to make sure I’m staying on top of my health and budget goals, I will create a meal plan and then spend a few hours on Sundays prepping for the days to come. Meal prepping is amazing; it saves me so much time and money. I prep enough food for Monday breakfast to Friday midday (post-workout). I leave my Friday nights & weekends free but keep staples in my house, such as eggs and extra veggies, so I can make quick meals when needed.
I eat 5-6 small meals each day, roughly every 3-4 hours. This way, I never feel overly full or hungry; I’m content and have consistent energy. By eating small meals throughout the day, I’m also not likely to snack mindlessly or grab something on the fly (looking at you, Starbucks drive thru) since I already have it all prepped.
For my diet, during the work week I try to remain healthy. My weekends are usually filled of going to the beach, running around, or out of town. Due to my weekends never having consistency, I’ll stay pretty strict during the week to give me that wiggle room. I keep a 95% vegetarian diet, but will eat shrimp or crab on occasion. Dairy also doesn’t always agree with me, so I naturally try to eat dairy-free. I’ve completed the Whole30 (no dairy-grains-legumes-added sugar) and LOVED the way it made me feel. So, since I follow 1/2 of that diet just by what works for my body, I try eat a Whole30 diet during the week.
The meal plan below is Whole30 compliant. I will also add color count below my weekly plan if you follow the 21 day fix. 🙂
Meal plan for 7/31 – 8/4
21 Day Fix:
Breakfast – 1 red, 1 green, 2 blue
Lunch – 1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red
Pre-workout – 1 blue, 1 purple
Post-workout – 1 orange, 1/4 purple
Dinner – 1/2 red, 2 green
Dessert – 2 purple, 2 tsp
- 5 cups of raw shrimp
- 5/8 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut flake
- 1. Rinse shrimp well
- 2. Toss shrimp in a bowl of coconut to evenly coat
- 3. Spread out coconut shrimp on a greased baking sheet. Cook at 350* for 17 minutes; tossing 1/2 way through
- 4. Turn the oven on broil & toast for remaining 3 minutes, or until golden brown
- Divide into 5 containers with sides + store in an the refrigerator.
- 5/8 cup of chia seeds
- 1 2/3 cup of canned unsweetened pumpkin
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Combine all ingredients & mix well.
- Divide into 5 containers & store in the fridge.
- Allow to sit at least 4 hours; preferably overnight.
- Perfect for meal prepping!
- 4 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 4 cups mixed veggies of your choice (I chose onions, bell peppers, asparagus, and broccoli)
- 1 cup no-sugar added marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 4 eggs
- **Onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, sea salt, oregano, red chili flakes - to taste
- Combine cooked spaghetti squash with uncooked veggies
- Toss in marinara sauce and spices
- Sprinkle on nutritional yeast
- Cook at 350* for 30 minutes
- When ready to serve, prepare a fresh, sunny side up or poached egg
- Divide into 4 containers & enjoy!