Man, oh man, do I love an easy recipe. I cook a lot with adding “a little bit of this.. a touch of this.. oh a pinch of this sounds good…”, so all my spices are always going to be measured in “taste test method”. Start at 1/2 tablespoon of each + taste as you go!
I taped my lazy Tuesday morning while creating this sauce if you wanted to follow along in a vlog sort of way! If so, just click the video below.
If you make this easy fresh herb tomato sauce, let me know what you think! As always, any questions, shoot me a message down below.
This simple tomato sauce recipe couldn’t be any easier! Using only 2 staple ingredients, tons of spices, and whatever extra veggies you have on hand, this fresh homemade sauce is sure to be a crowd pleaser!
Oil-free, vegan, using all wholesome ingredients, this easy red sauce is ready to use immediately or pop in the freezer for months. Enjoy!
- 1 can Tuttorosso peeled plum tomatoes 28 oz
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic minced
- 1 large handful fresh basil
- 1 large handful fresh Italian oregano
- sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, red chili flakes, turmeric, paprika - to taste
- Add chopped onion, bell pepper, minced garlic, and fresh tomato to a large pot - bringing to a simmer with 1/2 cup of water. Cook down 5 minutes, until onions become translucent.
- Add canned tomato, seasoning with your spices along the way. Cook down additional 5 minutes, breaking down the canned tomato chunks with a large spoon.
- Add in your fresh herbs, stir, cover for 25+ minutes. The longer you allow sauce to simmer, the more your veggies will tenderize + break down into a sauce-like consistency.