Meal Prep – Sweet Potato Breakfast Frittata
You guys are well aware for my love of meal prepping. While it may seem daunting, set aside 2 hours on a Sunday and you’re set for the week! This Monday I thought I’d share with you a favorite breakfast prep of mine. Frittatas!
Frittatas are basically quiche’s cousin. You simply omit the crust [or, find creative healthy alternatives to crusts, like spaghetti squash!]
Eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, smoothies, and fruit are my breakfast go-tos. I don’t like anything too heavy in the mornings, but also need something quick since I have the biggest love affair with my bed (love you so much).
Prepping eggs beforehand is really the only way to go when it comes to weekdays. On the weekends, I’ll stick with making a fresh breakfast, but during the week, ain’t nobody got time for that! 😉
So, back to this frittata!
Here’s what you need: [to make 5 servings]
- 10 large eggs
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 1 medium onion
- 10 slices of turkey bacon
- 1/2 thinly sliced, already cooked sweet potato
- 2 cups of kale
- Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, chili flakes- to taste
- Quickly saute your onion & turkey bacon in a pan with a little bit of EVOO.
- Combine all of your ingredients in a bowl & stir it all up!
- Pour your egg mixture into a well-greased baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for about 30-40 minutes. [each oven cooks at different speeds, so just watch it to ensure the middle is completely cooked]
- Slice into 5 equal parts & store in Tupperware to just grab and go!
What’s your favorite breakfast to grab on the go?
You may also enjoy..
Spaghetti Squash Breakfast Quiche
[…] Sweet Potato Frittata […]
[…] 10 minutes. The key is to keep certain staples around your house that are prepped beforehand. I like to meal prep one day during the week (usually Sunday nights or Monday nights) basic foods that I know can work in various […]