Healthy & Hearty Fall Soup
Smokey turkey kielbasa + fresh veggies + hearty beans & potatoes = the perfect brothy, nutrient packed, and filling fall soup.
When the weather cools down, I tend to gravitate more towards the warming comfort foods. Soups, oatmeal, fresh hot muffins, crock pot meals… You get the gist. 🙂
This soup is the perfect balance of light yet hearty. My meat & potatoes loving boyfriend even loves this dish (most likely since there is actual meat and potatoes present 😉 ) and will bring a Tupperware for lunch or heat up a bowl for a quick dinner.
The best part about this easy peasy recipe is that you can portion it out and freeze to grab in the mornings and be thawed and ready for lunch. Meal prepping is something I swear by, but with soup, it’s a double win since you can keep it for longer periods of time thanks to the handy invention of the freezer.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 package turkey kielbasa
- 5 cups quartered yellow potatoes
- 1 can drained black beans
- 1 can red kidney beans
- 4-5 cups veggies of your choice (I used broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, red & yellow bell pepper, and white onion)
- 8 cups broth (I used 4 cups chicken broth and 4 cups veggie broth)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- Salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder – to taste
In an extra large pot, add all your ingredients. Bring the soup to a boil for about 5 minutes then lower the heat to a simmer. Cook uncovered for 45 minutes- 1 hour.
Store in fridge or freezer. Enjoy! 🙂
[…] for some easy meat meals to make for dinner, my favorites include Zesty Pulled Pineapple Chicken, Healthy & Hearty Fall Soup, or this Baked Hummus Crusted […]