I have a very love/hate relationship with smoothies (except for these skinny very berry smoothies, because they are super tasty). Or rather, cold foods in general. I tend to go through fazes where I’m really about them, or really against them. There is not in between, but this month, I’ve been on a total smoothie kick. They’re really just looking at me taunting me with a “we’re backkkkk” but I’m loving it.
Further more, I’ve expanded my renounced love for smoothies by creating smoothie bowls lately. [Do you guys remember my recent post about chocolate covered cherry + banana smoothie bowls?]
Well, apparently they only keep getting better! Or at least I’ve found the flavor combos are pretty much limitless and SO versatile. They’re kind of like my no-bake protein bites. I started off with chocolate covered almond bites, and then I expanded to banana nut bread bites, and I keep getting new inspiration for flavors daily! [disclaimer- this is absolutely no where near a bad thing.]
So let’s circle back to these tasty smoothie bowls!
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 – 1 cup frozen cherries
- 1/4 cup unsweetended vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup muesli (I use the kind made with dried fruit)
- 1/8 cup walnuts
- Sprinkle of shredded coconut
It’s still a whopping 90 degrees in Florida, so I’ve been snacking on these and using smoothie bowls as breakfast or in leu of an early dinner or lunch. Does anyone else get that way? When it’s so hot and you just lose your appetite?
- In a blender or food processor (I swear and live by this one), pulse your frozen banana, frozen cherries, + unsweet almond milk until it forms a thick, smoothie texture.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl + top with your desired toppings. I chose 1/4 cup muesli, 1/8 cup chopped walnuts, and a sprinkle of shredded coconut.
- Enjoy immediately!
Questions for you //
- What’s your favorite meal when it’s hot out?
- What was your favorite thing you did this summer?
- Popsicles or ice cream?