Chocolate Cherry Banana Smoothie Bowl
I’ve been a tad obsessed with smoothie bowls lately. If you’ve never had a smoothie bowl before, they’re exactly what they sound like! I always use frozen bananas as my base, add in any other frozen fruits I’m feeling, then get crazy with some toppings. 🙂
The other day, Dj and I got home pretty late, so I didn’t want to eat anything too heavy for dinner. I decided to play around with a new combo for a smoothie bowl and it was AMAZING. Luckily, I thought to snap a picture before digging in, so while this post doesn’t have as many step by step pictures as my posts usually do, I can still share it!
- 1-2 frozen bananas
- 1/2 – 1 cup of frozen cherries
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Chia seeds
- 4 chopped dates
- Toasted muesli (I chose one with dried fruit + seeds)
- 1 tablespoon PB2 powder
- In a food processor or blender (I swear by this one) pulse frozen bananas, cherries, and cocoa powder with about 1/4 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk [you want the texture to be pretty thick]
- Pour your smoothie mixture into a bowl and layer on your chia seeds, toasted muesli, and chopped dates
- Prepare pb2 with water + drizzle over the top of the smoothie bowl
- Enjoy immediately !
Questions for you:
- Have you ever created your own smoothie bowl?
- What toppings would you top your smoothie bowl with?
- Would you rather: give up ice cream or chocolate?
This looks super yummy! I haven’t made one of these before, but would love to give them a try. 🙂 I’d give up on ice cream for sure, I need chocolate, haha!
Haha, I’m right there with you!! I love chocolate 🙂 Let me know what you think if you try it out!