I’m pretty sure if they had support groups for people who loved Facebook food videos, I’d be the first one to sign up.
I really love this new trend of short recipe clips flooding my timeline and am constantly jotting down ones that I ‘neeeed to try asap‘! Now if only someone would create a Pinterest-esq site for these quick food videos so that I could store them in a more effective way directly on Facebook…
The other week, Buzzfeed Tasty posted a video featuring an avocado chick pea sandwich and I was super inspired. I absolutely love sandwiches that feature “salads”. My infamous skinny fruit + nutty chicken salad recipe is a crowd favorite, but ever since going vegetarian almost a year ago, I’ve been hunting down subs for my past favorites.
Once I saw this video, I knew that as long as it was as tasty as it appeared, it would be a great contender. I subbed out a few ingredients to fit my tastes and I am HOOKED! This stuff is gold. Trust me on this one, you need to try it!
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 lemon
- 1 can of chickpeas (drained + rinsed)
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon red chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
To make into sandwiches
- 8 slices of bread (or 4 tortillas to make wraps)
- 1 large tomato
- 2 cups of fresh spinach
- In a food processor or blender [I’ve talked HERE about how much I swear by this one] combine drained, rinsed chickpeas + avocado + juice of the lemon (watch out for those seeds!) + all seasonings listed above. Pulse until smooth.
- Spoon out the avocado chickpea mixture onto bread + top with spinach & tomato.
*you can store this mixture in air-tight Tupperware for about a week
Questions for you-
- What’s your favorite kind of sandwich?
- Do you prefer sandwiches or wraps?
- What recipe have you seen lately you’re dying to try?