I have officially found my newest favorite snack. Although, these are more of a supplemental meal of sorts. They are packed with dense nutrition- a full serving of fruit, protein, as well as a healthy fat.
My biggest downfall when it comes to nutritional health will always be my sweet tooth. For my last meal, I’d probably choose a 1/2 baked, warm chocolate chip cookie… or the center of a Cinnabon.. or a warm brownie… you get the gist. 😉
I’ve found ways to curb my sweet tooth with healthy alternatives, like these peanut butter brownies, balsamic baked berries, PB&J thumb print cookies, chocolate blueberry cupcakes with a whipped peanut butter frosting, and this baked chocolate peanut butter banana, but these seriously take the cake.
The best part is that they are SO easy. They are no bake, no added sugar, no flour, oil, are dairy free, and vegan (as long as the protein powder you choose is vegan- if not, this recipe is vegetarian).
- 1 cup of pitted dates
- 1/8 cup almonds
- 1 serving of chocolate protein powder (I used this one; I also love this one)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder (which is just the pure version of coco powder. I like this one; feel free to use coco powder- it will taste the same)
- Add the dates, protein powder, and almonds to either a blender or food processor
- Pulse slowly until it turns into a dough-like consistency
- Kneed the mixture in your hands & form into 9 balls
- Spread out cocoa powder on a plate and roll each ball to coat with the powder
- Place on a baking sheet & refrigerate for at least 1 hour
To keep the protein balls, I put them in a Tupperware container and store for about a week (if they last that long!) 😉
21 Day Fixers: For all 9 of these, this is 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Purple