Chocolate Walnut Protein Fudge – Super Bowl Goodies Series
And just like that, we’ve come to day 7 of my 7 days of Super Bowl goodies series! This week just flew by and really refocused my motivation to play around in the kitchen and post new recipes on a more consistent basis!
As a series finale, I thought I’d end it on a sweet note while keeping it nice + healthy (not that I don’t adore you, slow cooker lava cake) with some protein fudge!
As far as protein powders go, I love the taste of chocolate Shakeology in baking. [I used it in these chocolate covered almond protein balls too!] I always go through a friend to buy Shakeo, and if you’re looking to get some, you can find it HERE! If the price is a little too high + you’re looking for a protein powder more for the everyday, I also swear by this one. Both brands go perfectly in a recipe such as this one. 🙂
I was so pleased how this recipe turned out. It is one of those 2 ingredient recipes where you can just mix + match your flavors and seriously could not be easier! I used raw walnuts in mine, but some other great ideas could be:
- peanut butter or PB2
- dried fruit, like craisins
- dark chocolate chips
Along with finding ways to cook more with protein powders as sweeteners, I’m also trying to incorporate more coconut oils in my cooking. Since the base of this recipe is just coconut oil + protein powder, it’s jam packed with healthy fats so a little piece will go a long way.
- -2 servings of chocolate protein powder
- -2.5 Tablespoons of coconut oil
- -1/4 cup raw walnuts
- -Spoon coconut oil into a bowl + microwave for 30 seconds or until fully melted
- -Mix melted oil with 2 servings of chocolate protein powder
- -Pour mixture into a hallow dish + put in the fridge for about 2 hours
- -Take out + cut into 6 pieces
-Questions for you-
- What is your favorite mix-in for fudge?
- Have you ever tried Shakeology?
- I’ve heard of so many great healthy swaps in cooking + baking (such as subbing apple sauce for oil), do you have any tricks that you use?
This looks amazing!
1. I love to add chocolate chunks to my brownies, it makes for an extreme-chocolate experience!
2. No, I haven’t tried it before, but I have heard good things!
3. This one is pretty common, but I like using EVOO versus using butter when cooking.
I tried this and it was amazing! Thanks so much for sharing <3
xx katie // a touch of teal