Slow Cooker Chocolate Lava Cake – Super Bowl Goodies Series
I’m at a loss for words on how to preface this recipe.
It’s not even close to healthy (unlike these chocolate peanut butter brownies). BUT, it’s good for the soul; and I’m all about those soulful indulgent once-in-a-time recipes. I have full on heart-eye emojis over here just thinking back on this slow cooker chocolate lava cake. It was seriously amazing; and knew, even though I try to center this blog around living healthy, that I had to share it with you all. Plus, a little lava cake is perfect for days that you save your treats for; aka: this years Super Bowl.
I made this cake for a co-workers birthday. I’m huge on bringing crock pot recipes because I can prep the ingredients beforehand, but allow it to cook during the morning so that it’s nice and fresh when it comes time to eat!
If you’re going to a Super Bowl party this year and want the cake to be hot and ready when the afternoon rolls around, you can do what I did and bring it all with you. I just packed the milk in a separate Tupperware, pre-made the cake mix + brought that along, and then I have these AMAZINGLY handy crock-pot liners, so clean up in a breeze. (Literally… just throw it away and you’re good to go!)
If you’re looking for a healthier sweet-tooth recipe to bring along with you, I have you covered! Here are some of my favorites (just click the name of the one you’re interested in and it will bring you to the recipe itself):
- Baked chocolate peanut butter bananas
- Chocolate covered almond protein bites
- Banana nut bread protein bites
- Chocolate blueberry banana muffins with a whipped peanut butter topping
- -1 box of Betty Crocker triple chocolate fudge cake mix
- -1 box of instant chocolate pudding mix
- -2 cups of milk (cows, cashew, almond)
- -3 eggs
- -1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- -1 1/4 cup of water
- -1/2 cup oil (olive, canola, or vegetable)
- -Mix cake mix + eggs + oil + water together
- -Pour cake batter into a well-greased or lined crock pot
- -Mix pudding mix + milk together then pour over cake mix (Do Not Stir!!)
- -Pour chocolate chips over crock pot mixter
- -Cover + cook on low for 2.5-3 hours
- It goes great with vanilla ice cream!
-Questions for you-
- Do you have a pretty big sweet tooth?
- What healthy ways do you get out of eating all the sweets you can see? I try to keep a bag of dark chocolate kisses around!
- Are you more of a sweets or savory person?