Bruschetta is a favorite, easy, go-to of mine. If I’m ever needing a quick snack, an easy dinner, or just am craving something saucy [literally every day..] then brushetta is many times on the menu.
A Trader Joe’s recently came to Jacksonville [thank you, Goddddd!] and I have been hooked ever since. My parents used to grocery shop at Trader Joe’s when I was growing up, so I’ve been a fan pretty much forever. When I was in college, WVU didn’t have a Traders, so I was jumping for joy when one came to Florida shortly after we moved here.
There are many ways to utilize bruchetta, my favorites include:
- On a toasted baguette
- Baked with chicken
- Baked with veggies
- On crackers
As you may know, Dj and I have been moving for the past few weeks. We’re finally almost fully settled in our new home, which is super exciting, but also super stressful. If you’ve ever moved, you probably understand the hardship of your kitchen. Everything is all packed away, you don’t have a ton of food, and you need something quick and easy you can just throw together.
Even though this is how the meal came together, I found my new all time favorite way to eat brushetta. I’m obsessed. OBSESSED. I want to eat this everyday.
Here’s what you need:
- Sliced fresh mozzarella
- Trader Joe’s jarred brushetta
- Balsamic glaze
- Tortillas [I used mini soft taco ones, but any size will do]
- Olive oil cooking spray
Here’s what you do:
- Place a skillet on the stove and heat it to medium; spray olive oil cooking spray on the pan
- Slice up the mozzarella thinly and place on 1/2 of the tortilla
- Spoon on the brushetta mix on top of the cheese
- Fold the other 1/2 of your tortilla over and place quesadilla down; cover the pan
- Allow the cheese to begin to melt & tortilla to brown
- Plate & drizzle with balsamic glaze
- Serve immediately
3 Questions for You!
- What’s your favorite quick go-to meal?
- What are you having for dinner tonight?
- What grocery store is your favorite to shop at?