Oh summertime, won’t you please just stay forever?
I love everything about the summer. Going to the ocean, the sun being so hot you feel it tanning your skin, Pimms cocktails, rooftop bars, weekend getaways to other cities, meeting your friends at the pool, sun-kissed cheeks so that you no longer need blush, going on much needed vacays, salt water hair, a new lighter Starbucks order… I could go on and on and on.
Recently, my family rented a beach house for a long week in the Outer Banks, North Carolina. My brother’s girl friend brought some blue tequila and we had some peaches that were at the peak of ripeness so I decided to create a new skinny cocktail with ingredients we already had on hand!
I’ve mentioned before [like in this skinny fruit punch sangria recipe] that I’m not a huge fan of overly sweet drinks. Due to this, I only used 1/2 of the sweet liquid + 1/2 regular flat water. However (!!) if you do like drinks that are on the sweater side, omit the water! 🙂
*Per 1 cocktail
- 1.5 oz citrus tequila
- 4 oz Crystal Light lemonade (or 8 if you want a sweeter drink)
- 4 oz flat water (or none if you’re choosing the sweeter drink)
- 1/2 peach muddled
- 1/2 peach sliced
- Lots of ice!
- Make a pitcher of Crystal Light lemonade
- Slice a peach in 1/2 + muddle one section of it + mix in with 4 oz of lemonade + 4 oz of water
- Pour your peach + liquid mix in a tall glass filled with ice
- Pour 1.5 oz (1 shot glass) of citrus tequila over the top
- Slice the 2nd 1/2 of your peach and place in the drink
- Top with a fun straw! *optional but totally recommended
Questions for you:
- What’s your favorite summer drink?
- What’s been your favorite thing to do this summer?
- Fresh fruit in drinks.. yes or no?