Homemade Spicy Guacamole
Confession hour: I have a huge- giant – massive – obsession with all things avocado. And by that, 90% revolves around guacamole [the other 10% I leave to this avocado goat cheese toast.]
Since getting involved with BeachBody and the 21 Day Fix, it was brought to my attention that, while avocados are a healthy fat, they (along with most things in life) should be enjoyed in moderation.
Recipe: skinny breakfast pizza
Throughout the years, I’ve made a fair share of homemade guac. Honestly, I prefer the homemade kind compared to the restaurant version, but that’s probably because I jam pack it with other ingredients to lighten it up a bit.
See, when you add different veggies into the guacamole, it packs it with lighter ingredients, making it lower in calories, as well as more guac! (Which is always the better, am I right?)
- 3 avocados
- 1 jalapeño
- 1 cup of fresh spinach
- 1 handful of cilantro
- 1 medium tomato
- 3 small bell peppers (or 1 medium pepper)
- 1/2 medium red onion
- 1 lime
- Salt, pepper, red chili flakes, garlic powder *to taste (I usually use 1/2 tablespoon of each)
- Slice up all your veggies + place into a large bowl
- Mash your avocados + mix in with chopped veggies
- Mix in your seasonings, tasting as you go along + tweaking to your own buds
- Serve with chips + chopped veggies or on some toast, in tacos, whatever your heart desires 🙂
*tip: if you’re not eating the guacamole right away, place the pits of the avocados in the guacamole. I’m not sure why, but it keeps it green!
Questions for you:
- Do you share my love for guacamole?
- What’s your favorite dip?
- How do you eat your tacos?