Happy Memorial Day weekend! To all of those that have served, I thank you.
All that have served gave some, but some gave all. For those, this day is for you.
My family is highly involved in the military, so Memorial Day was always special for us. We’d take the day to be thankful for those that have served, are currently serving, and us having the freedom to all be together. We’d do the typical Memorial Day activities, cook out, play games, but we’d always be sure to remember the reason why this day is so special.
This Memorial Day weekend, two of our friends from WVU, Erik & Val are coming up for the weekend from Philly. We’re going to explore Jacksonville, probably head down to St. Augustine, and, of course, spend plenty of time at the beach + by the pool.
I’ve been very mindful of what’s going into my body lately, and to cut down on the extra calories holiday weekends tend to tempt you with, I decided it would be a perfect time to play around with a skinny version of classic white sangria! I am a sangriaholic. I absolutely love it, but sometimes, it can be overly sweet for my taste.
I’m one of those vodka + water + splash a cranberry with a lime wedge girls.
So, if you like sangria that is typically sweet, add some cranberry juice to this recipe. 🙂
- 1 bottle of white wine ; I chose sauvignon blanc but mascato and reisling also work great
- 3 cans of Coconut La Croix sparkling water (ingredients: carbonated water + natural flavor)
- 1 large orange
- 1 large apple
- 1/4 cup flavored vodka ; I chose Mango Pineapple Svedka
Sangria could not get any easier!
- Chop up your fruit and add it to a large pitcher
- Cover your fruit in the wine + vodka
- Allow it to soak 1-3 hours (preferably overnight)
- Once you’re ready to serve, top with La Croix coconut water + any other juices of your choice
- Enjoy over ice! 🙂
Questions for you:
- What do you have planned this Memorial Day weekend?
- Are you a fan of white or red sangria?
- What fruit is your favorite to add?
- What’s your drink order?