When it comes to my morning routine, I’m all about convenience and quickness. By the time I actually convince myself to get out of bed during the week, I try to be out of the door in under 30 minutes. It helps that I don’t like to eat first thing in the mornings, so being able to grab something on my way out the door to eat once I get to work is key.
I’m a big fan of both cottage cheese (in breakfast form, as well as in lunch/dinner form), as well as utilizing Greek yogurt in a number of ways. Being that I don’t like to eat the same thing each and every day, I decided to add two variations of these cute Mason jar parfaits so I have an option which to take in the mornings.
I made enough for the 5 days in the work week, and they held up beautifully. 😉
Here’s what you need:
- 5 Mason jars (or some type of container)
- Low-fat Greek yogurt [I chose to use honey flavored] = 3/4 cup per serving
- Low-fat cottage cheese = 3/4 cup per serving
- 5 tablespoons of local honey [read about why I choose local!]
- 5 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- Fruit of your choice – I used 1 large clementine & 1 medium Fuji apple
The process could not be any more simple. I washed & cut up my fruit, then layered the yogurt or cottage cheese in the bottom, followed by honey, followed by fruit, then topped it all with ground cinnamon (Saigon has the best healthy benefits.)
3 questions for you:
- Do you make breakfast while still at home or bring it with you on the go?
- What’s your favorite breakfast food?
- Do you have any recipes I should try out for breakfast prep?