The middle of summer is good for a lot of things. Pools, BBQs, beach vacays, longer days… I could go on and on; summer, I am definitely a fan of you!
One thing that I love in the summer time is fresh peaches. Sure, I can eat a peach in the winter and be content, but there is something just so magical about a peach in the summer. They’re in season, for one, and you can wash the juice off your face by jumping in a pool!
Last night, I was craving shrimp. [surprise surprise, right 😉 ?] When looking through my past farmers market haul, I saw that I still had 4 ripe peaches I needed to use up. I decided on Grilled Teriyaki Shrimp & Peach Kabobs (recipe coming soon) topped with a Fresh Balsamic Peach Salsa.
What you need:
- 2 ripe peaches [if they’re not ripe, they’ll be all rough and bitter- not what you want in a salsa!]
- 1/2 jalapeno finely diced and deseeded [I learned my jalapeno cutting lesson…]
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 large red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 5 tablespoon balsamic vinegar* [more or less depending on taste buds]
- Garlic powder & black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons of brown sugar
Simply dice up your fruits & veggies and toss in seasonings! This salsa gets better with time, so the longer you can let it sit, the better!
What would you top this on?