So lately I’ve been craving pizza like crazy. I am currently loving on thin crust; the extra crunchy texture is everything, guys. The other day, it was 9 am when my pizza cravings hit.
Not wanting to cave in too early in the day (even though healthy pizza is totally a thing), I decided to stick with breakfast, but make a play on the standard pizza to reinvent it into a food acceptable for that early in the day. So, low and behold, breakfast pizza was born, and I don’t see myself ever going back to another weekend breakfast idea any time soon! Well, unless it has anything to do with guacamole goat cheese toast, but that’s it. 😉
Serving: 1 breakfast pizza
- 1 whole wheat, low carb tortilla
- 2-3 tablespoons of a salsa of your choice
- 2 eggs ; scrambled with garlic powder & 1 tablespoon almond milk
- 1/8 cup shredded cheese
- 1/2 personal serving container of Wholly Guacamole
- Hot sauce, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, onion powder *to taste
Additional ingredients to spice this pizza up: spinach, tomatoes, bell peppers, onions, turkey sausage, turkey bacon, ham.. pretty much anything!
- Put your tortilla in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 minutes so it begins to firm up
- While your tortilla is toasting, scramble up your two eggs. I always add garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and a splash of almond milk to make them fluffy
- Take the tortilla out of the oven and top with 2-3 tablespoons of salsa
- Top with your cooked scrambled eggs
- Top with cheese + extra red pepper flakes if you’re like me and love spice
- Pop back in the oven at 350 degrees for 3 minutes
- Turn the oven on a low broil for about 2 minutes; you want the tortilla to brown on the edges and the cheese to fully melt
- Top with hot sauce + guacamole & enjoy!
21 Day Fix containers = 1 yellow | 1 1/2 blue | 1 red
Questions for you:
- Do you spend more time cooking breakfast on the weekends?
- What’s the one food you always seem to be craving?
- What did you have for breakfast this morning?