When it comes to breakfast, lunch, dinner, (okay, literally any time of the day), avocado is my jam. I have a very similar love affair with goat cheese, so when I combine the two, something magical happens.
If you remember my go-to breakfast for avocado English muffins, this post won’t come as a surprise to you that this is still my ultimate go-to breakfast combo, but adding some variations to recipes never hurt anyone. In fact, I’ve found ways to improve on already stellar recipes (teriyaki chicken stir fry BAKE, anyone?)
I was really craving some avocado toast the other morning, but I just had one problem: I didn’t have any ripe avocados. However, I’m not one to give up that easily, and when I realized that I had some single servings of guacamole in my house, I decided to experiment a little. It’s seriously just as good, if not better, than regular avocado toast since the guacamole has spices and flavors already mixed in. I loved it– and you should get up and go try it!
- 2 slices of Ezekiel 4:9 bread; toasted
- 1 package of classic Wholly Guacamole
- 2 tablespoons of fresh crumbled goat cheese
- 2 teaspoons chia seeds
- Red chili flakes – to taste
- Toast two slices of Ezekiel 4:9 bread. **no refined sugar, no flour, 6 essential grains & legumes. Read more here.
- Spread 1/2 container of Wholly Guacamole on both pieces of toast
- Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of chia seeds on both pieces of toast
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese on both pieces of toast
- Add red pepper chili flakes to fit your liking
*Other great additions to this tasty dish: sliced tomatoes, cucumber, sprouts, a poached or over easy egg, bell pepper – get creative!
21 Day Fix containers = 2 yellow | 2 blue
3 questions for you:
- Have you ever tried Ezekiel bread before?
- What’s your favorite go-to breakfast?
- Have you tried a good substitution in a classic recipe? I’d love to hear it!