Pizza is hands down my favorite food + biggest weakness.
I’ve found ways to make this dish lighter, like this roasted veggie flatbread pizza and even a skinny breakfast (!!) pizza, so I thought using similar “flatbread” material would allow for a lower calorie + lower carb Super Bowl treat while still having that staple pizza flavor.
I love recipes that are customizable to specific taste buds + also those with a smaller ingredient list, and this low carb recipe falls in to both categories!
By using tortillas, they give that crunch of a crispy pizza, but at a fraction of the calories! That’s a win/win in my book. 🙂
These pizza cups take only about 20 minutes to make, so they are perfect for a quick dish to bring along with you to a party or tailgate. Whenever I host parties like these, or even attend ones, I like to have a nice spread with lots of different options. One huge thing I love about these pizza cups is that they’re completely custom to what you like! 2 tortillas make 12 cups, so you can easily mix and match with your favorite toppings or even create a topping bar to let your guests make the pizza that they love!
- Sliced pineapple
- Caramelized onions + mushrooms
- Cooked sausage
- Green peppers
- Banana peppers
The list can go on and on! 🙂
- -2 large whole wheat tortillas
- -Cooking spray
- -Garlic powder
- -12 Tablespoons of marinara sauce
- -12 Tablespoons of low-fat shredded mozzarella cheese
- -Dried oregano
- -Cut your tortilla into 6 even slices
- -Spray the tortilla with cooking spray (1 second spray on each end) and dust with garlic powder
- -Mold into cupcake tin + cook at 350*F for 7 minutes
- -Take out of the oven + spoon in marinara sauce + top with cheese
- -Place back in the oven for 7 minutes
- -Broil on low for 1-2 minutes until the edges of the cups are golden brown + cheese is fully melted
- Serve immediately with your favorite pizza toppings. Enjoy!
-Questions for you-
- What food can you just not get enough of?
- What’s your favorite pizza topping?
- If you had to choose one to give up, which would it be? Cheese or chocolate