Occasionally, without intention, I’ll whip up something random for dinner and it turns out amazing.
This just causes one little problem for me (fellow bloggers, I’m sure you’ll feel my pain), but since the recipe wasn’t planned, I don’t take pictures of the process- oops! With today’s post, the outcome picture will just have to do. 😉
If you’re like me and love quick dinners you can whip up, try out this soup. It reminds me a lot of my Zesty Fiesta Soup, just with a much simpler ingredient list.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 cans of corn [not drained]
- 1 can of black beans [drained]
- 1 can of kidney beans [not drained]
- 2 large tomatoes on the vine
- 1 bag of fresh spinach
- 4 cups of water
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- In a large pot, empty cans of veggies, mix with chopped tomatoes, and pour in water.
*Tip: if you want to sub out the water, try using vegetable or chicken broth
- Turn the heat up to medium and once the soup is hot, add the bag of fresh spinach & taco seasoning packet.
You can easily make this soup catered to your specific taste buds.
-If I’m wanting it more spicy, I’ll dice up a fresh jalapeno.
-If I’m wanting more veggies, I’ll add bell peppers & onions.
-If you eat meat and want to make it more hearty, add some ground chicken, turkey, or beef. Sliced turkey sausages would also be great!
-If you’re wanting to get creative, try topping this soup with fresh avocado slices, plain Greek yogurt, green onion, and shredded cheese!
I recently bought the Pumpkin Spice Chai Tea Latte mix from Trader Joes & am currently obsessed! That is the beverage you can see next to the soup bowl. 🙂