Chicken salad has always been one of my all time favorite foods. It was my go-to order at Panera in high school and even followed me along to typical order in college.
The one thing I don’t like about it is how secretly high calorie packed it is. I always though, meh, how bad can it be? It is mostly chicken, after all. Unfortunately, after realizing just how much mayo is involved, the disadvantages outweigh the advantages of this simple comfort food.
However, (there is a light to the end of this somber fact!), this recipe counters ALL of that! It is my absolute favorite, boyfriend [highly] approved, and hopefully after trying it, you’ll feel the same!
This recipe made 8 servings.
- 4 grilled (or baked) chicken breasts
- 1 cup sliced grapes (green, red, and purple all work)
- ½ cup low sugar craisins
- 1/3 cup pecans (or almonds)
- 1 sliced up apple (I used pink lady)
- ¼-½ thinly sliced red onion
- 3/4 cup low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup low-fat mayo (I use one made with olive oil)
- Onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper- to taste
In a large bowl, simply mix all of your ingredients together!
You can eat it with pretty much anything you’d like! We used wraps, sandwiches, on a salad, by itself, with pretzel thins, and (my personal favorite) in ½ of a cantaloupe! This last one is a MUST try! You scoop out the seeds & use the ½ cantaloupe as a bowl.. it is so good.
This will store in the fridge for about 1 week.
Calories per serving: ~159