What I Ate on Wednesday; Vol. 3
One question I’m frequently asked is what I eat on a typical day-to-day basis. Sure, recipes are great, but many people want to know the more simple meals I munch on throughout the day.
From the post: Homemade Acai Berry Bowls
As an easier guide besides “check out some breakfast and lunch ideas on my blog!”, composing a post that gives an exact depiction of what I eat from the time I wake up to the time I go to sleep seemed a lot easier.
I’m a big believer in eating foods that are healthy for you. I don’t count calories, I rather keep track of food groups + the nutrients that I put into my body. I’m currently on the 21 Day Fix, which provides healthy workouts (only 30 minutes per day- yesss) and also a food guide. They provide portioned containers that you fill specific food groups with. It’s all about moderation not limitation!
Here is what I ate from start to finish this past Wednesday:
- 1 scoop of chocolate Shakeology
- 1/2 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon PB2
- Ground cinnamon
- Unsweetened vanilla almond milk
Blended! It seriously tastes like a Wendy’s frosty.
21 Day Fix containers = 1 red | 1 purple
- 2 soft boiled eggs
- 3/4 cup arugula
- 1/4 cup diced cherry tomatoes
- Balsamic vinegar
- Black pepper
I saw a recipe awhile back for baked balsamic caprese eggs and had the idea to top soft boiled eggs on a caprese salad. This light snack is SO tasty. I have it all the time for a quick pick me up.
21 Day Fix containers =1 red | 1 green
- 1 spicy veggie burger patty
- 1 cup roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts, pearl onions, asparagus, tomatoes) tossed in fresh garlic + EVOO
- 1/8 cup crumbled low-fat feta cheese
- Drizzle of balsamic glaze
Meal prepping is something I love to do. It saves me so much time and experimenting with new options is a lot of fun for me! A food prep trick I do is make different variations of each meal so that I don’t get bored of constantly eating the same thing.
21 Day Fix containers =1 red | 1 green | 1 blue
- 1 green apple
- 2 teaspoons of Justin’s Chocolate Hazelnut Butter
Guys. Healthy Nutella exists and it’s literally amazing. Try this now!
21 Day Fix containers = 1 purple | 2 teaspoons
- 2 grilled shrimp skewers with roasted veggies
- Side garden salad
- Brown rice
- A few triangles of pita bread
- Taziki yogurt sauce
- Fresh lemon
I ordered this at Zoe’s Kitchen, but it’s extremely easy to recreate on your own! Whenever I go out to eat, I look at the menu prior to getting there, stick to options that are grilled or blackened, and stay as fresh + minimally processed as possible. I love sauces, so I tend to choose one that is yogurt or mustard based.
21 Day Fix containers = 1 red | 2 green | 2 yellow | 1 orange
When my late night sweet tooth hits, these immediately do the trick. You’d never guess that they are healthy, no-bake, refined sugar free, and completely vegan + unprocessed. They are the epitome of a healthy snack while tasting like a brownie bite!
21 Day Fix containers = 1/3 red | 1/3 purple | 1/3 blue
Total daily count of 21 Day Fix containers = 4 1/3 red | 4 1/3 green | 2 yellow | 2 purple | 1 blue | 1 orange | 2 teaspoons
3 questions for you:
- What’s your favorite meal of the day?
- Have you heard of the 21 Day Fix before?
- Do you have a sweet tooth? What curbs it? (Mine is always chocolate!)
1. Breakfast, all day everyday.
2. Yes! I attempted it once. However, I didn’t realize how unprepared I was going into it and failed because I didn’t have any of the right foods. Also, I didn’t have ideas for meals either. I’ll be much more prepared this time! Once I’m back into a “used to healthy eating” mode I’m going to do it again (soon, maybe next week b/c you’re an inspiration!).
3. Yes, a horrible one! I’ve come to find that the Outshine bars/popscicles are amazing!!
Aw, thank you so much, Jennifer! You are so sweet. I also just checked out your blog and am so happy you’re going back to blogging! That race you did was for a great cause & good for you that you didn’t let a little rain stand in the way! 🙂
I’m a hugeeee fan of breakfast, too. I eat eggs for dinner quite often, haha.
If you don’t already have a coach or a team for the 21 Day Fix, it seriously makes all the difference! I run a challenge group and it’s full of tons of great ladies that share inspiring quotes, sweaty selfies, and tons of great recipes. If you’re interested in joining us, let me know!
I had the biggest craving for popscicle yesterday! I haven’t had one in years, but may want to test that out. I’m always looking for new ways to curb my (ridiculously strong) sweet tooth!