This past weekend, we went to our friend’s going away party and I needed something to whip up quickly and bring with me. After rummaging through my cabinet, hummus came to mind, and who doesn’t like hummus? (If you don’t like it, tell me howww!)
This recipe is the most delicious yet minimalistic in ingredients- which I am a huge fan of.
- 1 can of chick peas
- 1-2 tablespoons of minced garlic* (I sauteed it quickly to get that roasted taste)
- 3 tablespoons of EVOO
- 3 tablespoons of Tahini
*If you’re not a fan of garlic, you can leave it out! You can also sub it with other flavors, such as roasted red peppers, spinach, olives, caramelized onions, and more! Use your imagination and personal taste preference.
- In a food processor, add your drained chick peas.
2. Drop in the 3 tablespoons of olive oil (You may need a little more depending on the consistency you like)
3. Mix in 1-2 tablespoons of roasted garlic
4. Add 3 tablespoons of Tahini to your chick peas. (You may need a little more depending on the consistency you like)
5. Blend it all up until smooth!
I served mine with whole wheat pita bites, bell peppers, and cucumbers!
What kind of hummus do you love the most?