Ah, day two (out of 10) of my #dinnerforone segment.
I have this gigantic fresh, amazingly ripe pineapple right now. I’ve been eating off it for a few days now, but being home alone, I still have a lot to go! I’ve been putting in on yogurt, in smoothies, and eating it plain with a bit of honey (oh-my-thank-you-tastebuds-god).
I looked in the pantry and saw that I had this Hawaiian marinade. Boom. What goes better with Hawaiian marinade than pineapple? That’s right- nothing. Shrimp and fresh veggies do come pretty dang close though.
I thought ahead for once and marinated these shrimps over night. That rarely happens (and when I say rarely, I mean it’s happened approximately twice).
The great thing about this marinade is that it’s a 30 minute marinade- score! But, I wanted it extra Hawaiian-ey so I let it sit marinating in the fridge for about 20 hours. Do what you would like and what fits your schedule!
Keep in mind I made this for only myself, but it made 2 servings.
*½ cup uncooked quinoa *½ raw green bell pepper *½ small white onion *½ cup fresh pineapple *1 carrot *Caribbean Jerk marinade *Shrimp
1. Cook ½ cup of quinoa. If you haven’t used quinoa before, it’s a substitute for rice- but much healthier. You can read about quinoa here! It’s super good!
2. While the quinoa is cooking, chop up your veggies and add them to a large skillet.
3. Cook your veggies on medium-high with 2 tablespoons of the Hawaiian marinade
4. Let your veggies begin to cook down for about 10 minutes.
5. Stir the shrimp into your sautéed veggies
*Warning- this is when your house begins to smell like heaven.
Once quinoa is done- plate up!
Your first bite will trick your brain into thinking you’re off in an island oasis. Run with it.
This was really yummy, too!
And while your mind is off on an island, you may wonder the same things that I do:
Ps. You should definitely add me on snapchat: mellyyo33 (sometimes I will snap you pretty pictures of Dj sleeping, it’s pretty exciting)
If you end up making any of my #dinnerforone recipes, make sure you tag me so I can see them!