I love cooking with chicken. It is so versatile and healthy, that you can pair it with new ingredients and never become tired of the same old meal!
This recipe is a spin off the typical caprese salad (tomato and mozzarella). My boyfriend strongly dislikes tomatoes, and that is putting it lightly!
I love the freshness that caprese salads bring, so I played around a bit with ingredients that I could substitute for tomatoes. Strawberries were the answer to my desperate search. 🙂 They add just a hint of sweetness that pairs so amazing with the balsamic and fresh mozzarella.
It was seriously so good. I made more than enough for the two of us, and we finished it all.
What you need:
– Skinless chicken breasts (For this recipe, I cooked 4 breasts)
– 1 cup balsamic vinegar
– Fresh basil
– ½ carton of strawberries
– About 6 oz of fresh mozzarella
The best part? (Well, besides the taste…) It only takes about an hour from start to finish!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pound chicken to be about ¼ inch thick
3. Marinate in ½ cup balsamic vinegar for at least 20 minutes (set the remaining vinegar aside)
4. Bake chicken for 25 minutes (pour the marinade into the dish to cook chicken in)
5. While chicken is baking, cup up your fresh ingredients and mix into a bowl
6. Place remaining vinegar on the stove and let simmer for about 10 minutes to create a balsamic reduction
* 6. Take the chicken out of the oven, top with ½ of fresh mixture, and place back into the oven for 5 more minutes. This step is optional, but it warms some of the cheese and strawberries up. It makes for a great contrast!
7. Plate chicken and cover with rest of the fresh cold salad and balsamic reduction
8. ENJOY 🙂
As side, I made some roasted veggies.
Let me know what you all think. 🙂 !