Endless Summer Salad
Is it just me, or did this summer completely fly by? I love summer time… the warm weather, wind-blown hair, and so much fresh produce!
Don’t get me wrong- I also love fall. I am team pumpkin everything! However, these crisp fresh flavors in this salad just bring up sandy sun-kissed memories. 🙂
Endless Summer Salad:
– 3 cups of mixed salad greens
– ½ of an orange
– 1 sliced kiwi
– ½ cup sliced fresh strawberries
– ¼ cup shredded carrots
– 2 tablespoons low-fat goats cheese
– 1 ½ oz sliced brie cheese
– 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (for dressing)
– 3 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar (for dressing)
This salad has 2 servings. For each serving:
To add more protein to the meal, adding some grilled chicken or grilled shrimp to this salad would also be wonderful!
With grilled 4 oz. chicken breast: 389 calories
With 6 large grilled shrimp: 291 calories
What do you top your salads with? Enjoy!!