Last year, I pinned this recipe that had an interesting concept of making cookies using cool whip. I’ve made tons of recipes with modifications that have a similar approach (take these 3 ingredient Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Chip Muffins, for example), so I decided to experiment a bit and make my own tweaks.
Guys. These cookies have the consistency of a CLOUD. Honestly, there is no other way I can think to describe it- but they are unbeliveably tasty. They are light and fluffy, a little crunch around the edges, and a pillow-soft consistency throughout. I’ve never had a cookie like this before, and let me tell you, I am a huuuuge fan.
Since I was out visiting my dad & family out in California this Thanksgiving, I made a batch to bring out to them- especially keeping my lemon loving sister in mind! (love ya, Jordyn)
Here’s all you need:
- 1 box lemon cake mix
- 1 container of Cool Whip
- 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- Powdered sugar (you’ll roll the cookies in it, so I’ll ball park and say around a cup)
I told you it was easy! 🙂
Here’s what you need to do:
- Using a mixer on low, slowly mix the cake mix and cool whip
- Once they have blended, slowly pour in the cup of milk
- Allow mixture to fully combine; it will be very fluffy!
- Scoop out about 1/2 tablespoon of mixture and place in a bowl of powdered sugar
- Place on a well greased baking sheet and cook at 350 for 8-12 minutes (just depending on your oven, mine took 9)
Note: the batter reminded me a lot of handling that icecream, mochi. Once it hits the powdered sugar, you can lightly roll it and handle it with just your hands.
Enjoy! And be on the lookout for more holiday treats. 🙂
Remember to let me know if you try them & what you think!