Hooray for Holiday Cookie season!
Can you believe there is only 9 more days until Christmas? Where did the time go! I’m in a scramble to finish up all my shopping, baking, wrapping, and posting all my #DIYChristmas recipes/gifts to share with all of you.
First up– probably my favorite Christmas cookies of all time, the Peanut Butter Blossom. I love these little bites of heaven. My mom made these for us all the time growing up, and I have continued the tradition.
There is just something about peanut butter and chocolate that just makes my taste buds smile… 🙂
What You’re Going To Need… [makes about 48 cookies]
- 1 ¾ cup of flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ cup of sugar
- ½ cup of firmly packed brown sugar
- ½ cup of shortening
- ½ cup of peanut butter [smooth]
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoons of milk
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 bag of Chocolate candy kisses
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
- Take all ingredients (except the chocolate kisses) and put them in a large mixing bowl
- With an electric mixer, mix on the lowest speed on mixer until dough forms
- Shape the dough into balls, and place on a well greased cooking sheet
- After the dough is formed, sprinkle sugar over the dough balls.
- Put in oven for about 10 minutes. You’ll want them to brown a little bit, but they will continue to cook once taken out and sitting on the cookie sheet.
As the cookies are baking, unwrap the chocolate kisses.
Once cookies are done top each cookie immediately with a candy kiss. I chose to do a mix of milk chocolate and hugs.
Press down firmly until cookie cracks a little.
Allow time to cool.. [it works well if you place the whole sheet in the fridge for about 30 minutes to allow the chocolate set.]
What are your favorite holiday cookies?